Unofficial DEB packages and sources of Maly Jarda
KDE 3.2.2 build progress bar:
Aren't you kind of studying available information? So well, you can add those sources to /etc/sources.list:
- deb http://www.debian.cz/pub/debian-czsk/kde/Debian/woody/i686 ./
- deb http://www.debian.cz/pub/debian-czsk/kde/Debian/woody/compat ./
- deb http://www.debian.cz/pub/debian-czsk/kde/koffice/Debian/woody/i686 ./
- deb http://www.debian.cz/pub/debian-czsk/kde/kapps/Debian/woody/i686 ./
- deb http://marillat.free.fr/ stable main
- deb http://www.fs.tum.de/~bunk/debian woody/bunk-1 main contrib non-free
- deb http://ftp.tuke.sk/debian-unofficial/debian.malyjarda.cz/Mozilla ./
- deb http://www.debian.cz/~byczech/PSI ./
- deb http://www.debian.cz/~byczech/samba ./
- deb http://www.debian.cz/~byczech/mc ./
- deb http://www.debian.cz/~byczech/mySQL ./
- deb http://www.debian.cz/~byczech/Scribus ./
- deb http://www.debian.cz/~byczech/NVidia ./
- deb http://www.debian.cz/~byczech/ATi ./
And now you can use the new software... :-)
Those packages have got this differences against the official ones from kde.org server:
- Optimalization for i686 platform (optimalization of Qt libraries is included since the release of 3.1 version) -
pay attention: it will not work with older CPU!
- There are the packages available, that ensure backward compatibility because of packages,
that cause conflicts due to the need of packages from KDE 2 (see below)
- We added the packages ARTS with NAS support (Network Audio System) since 3.1.2 version
- They are capable to keep continuity for easy updating (the packages formerly included in the previous version are available in the current version, which is not customary with the official KDE)
Note: Packages depend on the apt source of Adrian Bunk (see below).
CPU i686 (Intel Pentium Pro and above, AMD K7 and above)
Packages for backward compatibility
The packages are optimized for i686 platform since version 1.2.1, the same as KDE.
There are cool applications, that are not (yet) a part of official KDE. Optimalization for i686 platform included.
APT source contains:
- k3b 0.11.1
is cool CD-R(W) burning software.
Note: Maybe you might need apt source from http://marillat.free.fr. Recomended :-).
- guarddog 2.2.0
is Firewall configuration utility.
- kssh 0.7
is Secure SHell front end.
- krusader 1.30
is a file-manager, patterned after old-school managers like midnight commander and norton commander.
- kbarcode 1.4.1
is a barcode and label printing application.
More applications will be added later.
Following sources are not the packages of Maly Jarda, but they are recomended by Maly Jarda - from Adrian Bunk, the Debian GNU/Linux developer.
Notice: next to XFree it contains more packages (gcc 3.2.3 + 3.3, newer kernel 2.4.xx, Lyx, Mozilla, OpenOffice.org, SANE, Webmin, Wine, XFree86)
Project homepage: http://www.fs.tum.de/~bunk/packages/
- APT via HTTP:
deb http://www.fs.tum.de/~bunk/debian woody/bunk-1 main contrib non-free
deb-src http://www.fs.tum.de/~bunk/debian woody/bunk-1 main contrib non-free
- APT via FTP:
Backport of great internet browser Mozilla.
Initial release of new version, without translations yet (without czech translation too, but you can download czech language file separately, see later).
Current official Czech language for PSI 0.9.1, 0.9.2 and 0.9.3!!!new!!! (also for users with other distributions, packages or OS):
MySQL server, client a jako bonus také MySQL Control Center.
DTP software Scribus.
NVidia drivers for X Window System, allowing to use 3D acceleration of your 3D graphic card.
ATi drivers for X Window System, allowing to use 3D acceleration of your 3D graphic card. More see at home page of project "fglrx-installer".
- Short manuals...
- More applications not only for KDE.
Other APT sources:
You can find a huge list of sources (for example) at http://www.apt-get.org.
A lot of backported software from testing eventually from unstable you can find at www.backports.org.
- Dan Ohnesorg for the chance to place all those packages to the server www.debian.cz.
- Tom Heinz for English translation.
- Daniel Smolík for arts packages with NAS support and for cooperation with making KDE packages version 3.2.1 and later.
- Peter Mann for disk space on ftp server of Technical University in Kosice and for his cooperation on making the package with Slovak localization for Mozilla.
- Czech Mozilla localization team for cooperation with making czech localization package for Mozilla.